- an introduction to the brain
- becoming an active participant in your recovery
- pillars of health – a 360-degree approach to overall health – medical health, mental health, physical exercise, nutrition, self-care/rest, and social network
- seven quick, healthy recipes you can cook in bulk
- ways you can address neuroplasticity at home
Restoring Health, Practical Insights to Navigating TBI & PTSD is an introduction to integrative health for those dealing with TBI and/or PTSD
There is so much hope for TBI, PTSD and associated conditions and symptoms, even years after a physical or mental assault, as long as you’re willing to work for it. A prevalent problem with modern medicine is that symptoms are often treated rather than the root cause addressed. Getting to the root cause of physical and mental symptoms affords the opportunity to truly heal, not just manage.
This information is for anyone who’s been affected by traumatic brain injury (TBI), concussion and/or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). No singular thing will facilitate your recovery. You must adopt an integrative approach to health and be an active participant in your overall well-being. You have control.
Though unseen illness and injury can feel like the loneliest situation in the world, you are not alone. I urge you to look beyond diagnosis and labels and focus on solving the underlying problem. You will get your life back.